Wednesday, August 01, 2007

We are all safe...our little family, that is. A major highway bridge has collapsed, but we were not near the catastrophe. 35W fell into the river...so many times I have crossed that bridge...Roger and I were engaged not far away from that spot...50 cars in the water...6 fatalities so far confirmed...I am guessing more will be found by sunrise. It is dark now. Owen is sound asleep. He did not hear the storm pass over or hear the sad news on TV. His innocence will protect him for tonight. I took this picture yesterday. Each day I look at him and believe he is more beautiful than the last time I looked. I may be biased or it may be my love speaking, but I feel so blessed to have a sweet, beautiful (yes, beautiful) little boy. I pray each day for wisdom and guidance to lead him and teach him in the best way. I also pray for his heart to be tenderized and full of love. What successes will he have? What mistakes will he make? What age will he live to be? Who will he love? Who will love him? So many questions whose answers will be a long time coming...

1 comment:

MaryM said...

There is no safer place than in our God's Hands...