Friday, January 01, 2010


Our little angel turned one...we celebrated for an entire month so this is the party that we had at the beginning of December...Owen, my precocious and spirited first-born, said "da-da" before he ever said "ma-ma" and his first official word with object recognition was "baby". I remember it so well...we were reading Prayer For A Child, one of his favorite books at the time (tho he calls it "fire book" to this day because there is a picture of a fire). There is a picture of a baby and he pointed to it and said, "baby." I think that was even before he turned a year.
On the other hand, Owen didn't walk until he was 12 1/2 months old...Gabby, my sweet precious little girl, walked at 10 1/2 months but has yet to say anything other than, "ma-ma". Regardless...I will hold on to the picture of her teetering around and the sound of her calling to me with her arms outstretched for as long as I draw breath. I cannot explain what this little girl has done to my life.
We celebrated with cup-cakes-her first taste of cake in her little life...
enjoyed and made fun with cousins...
Cousin Elodie (the little monkey!) surprised us and made herself at home here in MN. I have a feeling that she does this everywhere she goes! :-) We love it! She cracked me up time and time again...you should see the things she climbs on and gets into!
I don't think owen has a favorite cousin, but whomever will pay attention and play with him, he will cling to!
Yes, she did double-fist it once she got a taste of the good stuff!
Elodie got a lesson from her mama on how to play nice...
Of course, not a surprise, Gabby loved the paper more than the presents, but she will be able to enjoy many of the blessings for years to come....

She was surprised with a gift from he aunties: a little kitchen! I don't know who loves it more, owen or gabby...or me! We got it all set up the next day and played and played and played. I guess there are going to be many more opportunities to live vicariously through my children! :-)

No comments: