Thursday, September 21, 2006


Owen is playing tricks on us all...or he may be sicky poops. He pooped a bit on Monday and none when I was home with him on Tuesday. He was at it again on Wednesday but no poops after I picked him up in the afternoon. He slept well last night and was happy this morning. But, I get a call around 11 a.m. and he'd already pooped 3 times. I picked him up by 12:30 and he'd had another. It is now after three and he had just given me a few toots. He's eaten and taken a little nap...nothing out of the ordinary. I called the triage nurse to ask advice...he has no fever and he still has wet diapers. He is acting "normal" so what do I do? Take him in? Watch him for a bit longer? Geez...when you are responsible for another's health and well-being...their life, it becomes quite stressful. We are hanging out...he's even typing this with me while playing with his bib. He's a wiggly little worm, as usual. Maybe I will take another "sick" day...I'll be honest though: "family illness" is what they call it. I'm not too worried, but when is it the wrong choice to just wait? Pray...that's how I'll know...

No comments: