Thursday, March 10, 2011

BEAUTY...
When you get to live in or travel to some of the most beautiful places on the planet, you often think that may be the only place beauty really is.
I never want to take for granted the blessing of living where I am or with whom I am living...around or near as well.
I drive Hwy 10 every day for less than a mile.
As I get off the highway and onto the ramp, I get to see the various stages of the seasons and daylight's savings because of where the sun rises over this hill.
Owen is so tuned in to detail that he often points out to me,
"ooh! pretty sky!"
Especially if there are lots of colors.
Yes, we still have about 18 inches or more of snow on our lawn and it is March.
Yes, today I was feeling warm because it was 36 degrees.
Yes, I tell Lori I will move to Florida if we ever sell two houses. :-)
Yes, I wish I didn't have to heat up my sheets with rice bags before I crawl into bed.
But...
I have never hated it here.
I am blessed...Yes, God is good.
If I can teach my kids one thing...God is always good.

1 comment:

MaryM said...

God is good, all the time!
Thank you for your perspective on finding the beauty where you are.