Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer began...

I normally have a tough time adjusting to summer
because our schedule totally changes.
I'm used to school routine and 
the kids are used to structure.
The thing to love about summer is 
the freedom to not be structured...
But that does not work so well with Owen.
Since he was one we have struggled 
through our first few weeks of summer.
If you look back at other summer posts,
I talk about wanting to be good at staying home,
but it is a tough adjustment and I can't be something I'm not.
I have to give myself a break...and have some fun!
This year we didn't have that trouble until this past week--
the second week of July!
Why?
Well, June was full of activity and we were so busy 
doing or planning the next big thing!
Owen was driving me nuts saying 
he wanted to have a lemonade stand...
I was trying to get a baby on schedule,
it was hot,
we didn't have any lemonade...
ugh!
So, I told him he had to do all the work...
He dragged a table to the end of the driveway,
set up a chair, made a sign...
At that point I felt bad.  
I baked some cookies for him to sell
and found some freezies to put in a cooler.
I'm proud...
The next day he convinced Gabby to join him...

I'm guessing they made a deal:
I'll play what you want if you do what I want...
Hence,...
Owen had to play "babies" with Gabby one afternoon!
I smile.
Now that's companionship!
Liam once again is asked to go along for the ride:
soccer practice, games, playground fun, etc...
He's such a good sport!
I have a feeling he'll be my comedian!
We were watching the cutest soccer player ever!
Well...she doesn't really play.
She just follows the pack and watches the ball go by.
But she sure enjoys the Popsicle at the end!

No comments: