Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Are we ready for 1st Grade?

 I love to see my boy happy...I love to feed his passions...even if it is icky...
He spent nearly ALL day yesterday playing with is frogs and toads...
one appropriately named "Toady"
Nanny...first time touching a toad EVER!
 Notice the dirt?  he sure doesn't!
 Gabby helps...but sure doesn't touch!
We woke up in time to get a first day photo with Dad...
Owen still in jammies but wanted to show his smile!
Can you see it?
Once we were dressed...
back to "Toady"
"See his big belly, Mom?"
Gabby sure loves her brother!
"Mom! Take a picture of him in the air!"
Nope.  Didn't get it, and "Toady" landed on his back.
Silly Kids!
I was trying to get the big first-grader by himself, 
but Gabby just had to jump in!
What a pose!
To the bus stop!
I drove Owen everyday last year.
I "accidentally" found out that Owen could ride the bus this year.
No fee and I could choose the stop!
I was worried but proud.  No fears. No tears.
He even told me, "You can leave now."
I said, "Nope!  Not until you are on that bus!"

We coached him about how first graders sit toward the front.
We said, second or third seat...he obeyed!
We were not sad watching it pull away...
But even happier to see it pull up in the afternoon--
one of his best friends was in the seat next to him!
He's not alone after all!
Gabby and Me waiting for the afternoon bus!
First thing he said when he got off the bus:
"First grade is better than Kindergarten!"
Well...except that recess was (seemed?) shorter!
Tomorrow is another day...

No comments: