Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pumpkin days! etc...

I never really paid a lot of attention to Halloween...except for when I was younger.
I loved creating my own costumes.
Now it's really easy to just go buy one...
:-)
Perhaps it is because Owen is in school, but the kids really got into Halloween this year.
I was cutting out bats and ghosts and hanging them from our ceiling.
I drew many pumpkins and cut them out to tape to the window as well.
I didn't know I was such a good artist.  I realized my drawing was too good when Owen spazzed because his picture didn't look like mine.  Dang, I got to tone it down a bit!  :-)
Regardless, there were highlights:
We went to a parade...

 all dressed up...
 posing...
 posing again...
trick or treating...
 they got so excited at each of the 6 houses we visited,
you'd think they'd never had candy...
or so much!
Guess they forgot last year...
and the 4 parades we've been to in the last year!
 Great Gramma Gerry was happy to see us...
and give us a handful of candy!
 Owen didn't want to wear his mask because they knew who he was anyway.
The reasoning of a 5-year old...
Maybe Owen was into it because of stories and drawing at school...

another Owen Masterpiece!

And...
pumpkin carving!
The favorite part was the lighting of the candles.
They loved the glowing faces.


I don't know how these drawings fit into this post, but I had to share...
I guess this one above is Owen catching a butterfly...or trying to.





Then this one is us having dinner.
He was sure to tell me that we all have straight hair.
I love the detail...
But what I don't get is how he practiced his name...
and then got carried away practicing his numbers.
And then what came after 16?
I don't know if I will ever know.

1 comment:

The Wright Mommy said...

LOVE the rubber boots, Gabby!!