Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last night I was reading to Owen. Favorite books these days?
Critter books by Mercer Mayer.
Last night we read, "First Day of School."
When we were done, I told him I was going to be the proudest Momma when he started Kindergarten this fall...he gave me the goofiest grin...

He got a taste of Kindergarten when we went to his open house.
He saw classrooms, did some activities, went on a tour, and played on the playground.
I am becoming more and more thankful for my reduction of contract next year.
Part time. Ahhhhhhhh...
I made a suggestion to the administration about how to schedule my part time with another staff person's part time so we can share a class room.
They are working on it so that it will work.
I will have 3 classes, perhaps one will be advanced.
I may have a homeroom, but I will be done by 3:30.
I will be able to take Owen to Kindergarten AND pick him up!

I don't want a tragedy to be the thing to make me realize that I need to enjoy each moment.
I don't always do this though...sometimes, I am too tired to play hide and go seek or play tag on the playground. Sometimes I just want to read my own book or get my blog updated. Sometimes, the dishes must get done or I have to pick up the house before insanity sets in.
But I never want to regret the games I did not play with my kids
or the adventures we did not go on.
I want to keep laughing with my kids...

No comments: