Our kids have always been early-risers. It's in their blood. When family comes to stay with us, they know they will be lucky if they get to sleep in to 7:00 a.m. I am lucky if I get to sleep until 6:30 on weekends. So...after a rough week of testing and parent concerns at work, busy with the ins and outs of life at home, and a few late nights because I was working on a project...I needed some sleep badly! I was woken in the night by both kids last night, but perhaps that was a good thing because the next thing I knew...my clock read 7:55!
- Roger's business is going well...and...he is enjoying it!
- Our love...that's a blessing...I love him more now than any time in the last 5 years. A pastor mentioned in a sermon a few weeks ago that we only have a enough love to get us to the alter. And that the day we get married is not the most you will ever love one another. I agree. When we got married, we had NO idea what we were getting into! Wow, that's an understatement!
- And now...being lucky enough to be together is one of our biggest blessings
- our health: why is it we insist on finding something to complain about or get us down because we do not have it? I am so guilty of this. Especially when sitting around the lunch table with a bunch of teachers (or any co-worker?)..
- creation: We were all created different. Not better or worse than the next. My difference could be a "disability" or it could be my personality. It could be what I want out of life or what I enjoy doing. My difference could be what I wear or what I drive or the house I choose/have to live in. My difference could be the way I raise my children or what my children's choices are. Goals, dreams...or lack there-of...those could be my difference. Different is okay. Different is God's creation...look at flowers, snowflakes, blades of grass, tree branches, pebbles, grains of sand (ok, so I have not really analyzed grains of sand, but you get the picture...) God's glory and creation (afterall, I did nothing to have been born who I am)...how is that revealed in my differences?