Friday, September 12, 2008

Yes, he is in motion and yes, I took this on my cell phone so the clarity is not the greatest. However, I just think it is so cute how he can push himself along and steer and turn in a circle and even fall gracefully without crying. I know...helmet? Oh, I barely was able to put the thing together without him jumping on. :-) He has two of these scooters to ride at daycare, but he only wants to ride the red one. I found him a Spiderman scooter, but all he cares is that he has a scooter! What joy it is to see him grow up...
I was looking at baby pictures...even pictures of him a year ago and last spring...he is getting so big! have I held him enough? have I squeezed enough of his "sturdy" little legs? have I nuzzled his round belly enough? have I embraced all I can of him while he is still my little boy? At what age do little boys make you stop kissing them? If there is any consolation...owen has learned how to hug, using arms and everything! He's learned to kiss without an open mouth, but he keeps trying to kiss the kids at daycare. I guess we need to teach him a few boundaries. :-) I just hope I am getting enough of him while he's still so little...I don't want time to stop or even slow down, but I want to love him all I can when I can...any words of hope? encouragement? suggestion?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wonderful thing is that your love will continue to grow to encompass his new and growing role in his world! You will love his new skills, his new friends, his capacity to learn. No, you may never get quite "enough" him but he will always remember your love!
P.S. Gramma Mama has a scooter for him too.

Seeker said...

Just keep reminding yourself to enjoy him every day, and you'll both have enough lovin' and great memories.