Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm just doing some thinking about time...it moves so fast, and sometimes we wish time away. I get so flustered when I can't get done with my "list" fast enough or efficient enough. I get even more frustrated when something on my list doesn't get done. But, in the last few days of nice weather, I took time to take Owen to the park. I let him walk up the path through the tall trees which make him look so small. Then I let him "explore" in our little patch of woods by our townhome. He picked up pinecones and threw them. He tripped on sticks and felt the prickle of pine needles. He wandered into think parts and I had to "rescue" him and get him on the right path. We took our time. We didn't hurry to get it done with. I took a breath and enjoyed the fresh air and his quiet wondering and wandering. Momentous...I meant to write about it right away...but time got away from me. I didn't even have my camera on hand that day. I did have my camera the other morning when Owen and I were getting ready for school. The hanging blinds looked like they were glowing so I looked out and saw the sky on fire. The sunrise burned the mornig sky into a brilliance that my camera actually was able to capture. Owen wasn't as interested in the sun as he was in his toys that he had left out on the deck... :-) I smile...

2 comments:

Sara Wicht said...

The beauty in being reminded to "breathe". Thanks for reminding the rest of us. This sunrise is amazing! What a blessing to see on a morning before work.

MaryM said...

Beautiful sunrise. Beautiful piece. Thank you for this warming start to my day. It made getting up all the more worthwhile!