Thursday, July 15, 2010

A blessing to report...
I have a rule...ok, so I have a few rules,
but with a 4-year old, you wonder how many rules they can remember.During the summer and on weekends (if I am working), Owen is not allowed to wake me up until the clock says 7...if I'm working, I say 6. :-)

You have to know that this is because, for the longest time, my "alarm" was Owen sitting in bed, calling, "momma, momma, momma, momma..." until I came to get him. Now he knows he can get up by himself. If it is before 6 and he has to pee, he has to get back in bed. If it is after 6, he can stay up and play...

So I reminded O again last night that he needed to wait until the clock said 7 before he came and woke me up.

I dreamed last night about mountain climbing (which I've never done, but I fell asleep reading Into Thin Air) and I had no boots to go climbing in the snow with...don't ask me how that is possible...any way...

I then was dreaming this morning about my sweet boy. I don't remember what he was doing in my dream, but he was so quiet and he was brushing my arm so softly...then I realized...he was standing by my bed, brushing my arm ever so gently, waiting for me to wake up.
After all, it was 7:30!
:-)
So far, that has been my favorite way to be woken up as a mom...
if there is a good way to be woken up at all in the middle of dreaming!
My little boy, growing up. I guess he was hungry.

Next step: how to make a healthy breakfast! :-)

He is enjoying t-ball better these days: he did warm ups, ran to the fence, played catch with a friend...but he still wanted to be done after one inning.
:-)I don't care.
HE'S FOUR.We have plenty of years left for organized sports.so what if he was more interested in the "O" in the dirt than the ball that went whizzing by.

so what if he doesn't get into "ready position"so what if he walks the last few steps to first base...

at least today he ran the whole way around and actually made it to home...
without crying.
I'm so proud...

Gabby may be a different story...
ObserverGo-Getter
Copy-Cat"I'm not too little" syndrome

We'll get through it all...
Won't we?

1 comment:

MaryM said...

Beautiful story of a sweet little boy! Looks like Gabby is also ready for "organized sports"! Have fun.