Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The view from here...

The sun, the warmth--even when it storms,
made me forget that the leaves are changing
in other places of our lives.
I've been reminded and, for the first time,
did miss, for a brief moment, 
the changing of the leaves.
However...

80 Degrees at the bus stop this morning?
Still swimming every afternoon?

I truly believe there is more to our move
than warmer weather.
I don't know what that is, but I pray that I
"walk in a manner worth of the calling with which
 [I] have been called with all humility and gentleness, 
with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love..."
and yet I fail...or think I do...

My kids are forgiving and
and each day is new.
People...people are irreplaceable though.
I cannot replace what I have in MN...
I won't even try.
Yes, I've made friends here...
(we even found a babysitter and had a date the other night!)
But we will always have ties to where we began this little family of ours.
The view here is beautiful, but the view can be whatever you choose to see.
I almost always loved the view in Mn...
almost!  :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your attitude is fantastic!!! Our leaves are changing and we've already had a snowstorm! Life in Canada, eh!! If you ever get tired of all that sunshine, come out for a visit! :)