Friday, November 24, 2006

You'd never be able to tell from this picture that neither one of us is sleeping very well these days. I truly believe that Owen responds to every ounce of my stress. He is waking up like clockwork-every two to three hours at night. He was up at 4:30 this morning and it is a mere 6:20 now. Roger decided to take Owen shopping since we were all up anyway. I wonder how that will go.
The stress I feel comes from the inability to control so many things going on in life right now...I so want to finish my 2nd and 3rd chapters of my masters paper, but the time escapes me and I am overwhelmed. If I could just get that done...would Owen sleep finally? So, I drag myself out of bed because I am just lying there stewing about not getting anything done and not being able to sleep. I get crabby just thinking about how I need my sleep so I can get something done during the day. When I don't get sleep, I'm too tired to get anything done, but I lose sleep thinking about the things I need to get done. Ugh! So here I am, not working on the things that need to get done and am playing on my blog. Life...I try to simplify, but I just get more worked up! The ironic thing about all this is that, ask anyone...most people would say life is too busy and time goes too fast. Why do we have to live this way? I don't think this is how it is meant to be. Roger asked me what I was thankful for yesterday...and I said, "oh, you want me to be positive?" I do have so much to be thankful for, but why do I feel so attacked and bitten by the ungrateful, negative bugs lately? I'm back to blaming not getting enough sleep...the never ending cycle-will it ever end?

3 comments:

South of the Equator said...

I agree! Life is too busy. We'd all benefit from a little more sleep and a lot les stress. I'm actually taking a break from writing a paper right now. I think if we can solve this little problem we'd all be rich, sleep more, and possibly be less stressed. Now...maybe....we just need to get rich!!! Yeah..... that's probably the answer. Well anyway, I think we are rich. I can tell from your pictures of Owen that you are too.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, I once in awhile come across your blog linked from another blog. You seem like a great mom, you love your son so much. It's so evident. You seem like you are working hard to do everything just so...enjoy it. This life, this time...only happens once. I too have felt those negative feelings/thoughts. (My son is almost 8 months) Life is, has been and WILL be overwhelming...but enjoy it. Love him. Love you. Love life.

MaryM said...

"Only happens once..." Those are important words and they are an important reminder for all of us...
savor and enjoy every moment!